Saturday, September 6, 2008

Life after

This one is for you Murph! I have been thinking about life after diagnosis and beginning that journey again-after the Cancer word hits...Devastating news, one that you have to get a grip on before you fall victim. This is where you really have to stay strong when traditional medicine is bringing you down. The energy level you get from allowing outside help in the form of visits, bringing meals, flowers, cards, every small effort-and tons and tons of prayers that are felt within the spirit, is energizing if you let it in...there is a tendancy to think we can still be strong on our own, and I have come to realize that we are not alone in this battle even when we feel abandoned and alone, God is with us. He promises us (whenever our time comes) a better place. It is time to enjoy the fruits of your labor and let the love around you lift you.
Today I am feeling normal. My hair is baby soft and just covering my head, and I am looking forward to new energy and returning fully to the work that I enjoyed, the events I participated in, the people I used to connect with, but at the same time, I appreciate LIFE more fully and feel each precious minute and want to encourage those who are suffering through life to find the positive and move towards that which lift us up not pulls us down. Attitude is what gets us through life with a smile on our face, or with a frown. Keep it good. You can choose a fear or love. My advice-Embrace your fear and choose love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is interesting to go back to the first blog...you have taken the journey back to the future...where your gut/heart began...sometimes we just know but need to get there again anyway.
Attitude, the only thing we really have any control over! Rita

SusanM said...

Dear Kerry, So glad to see that you are starting to feel well again and looking forward to all your activities. We will miss you at the Staples '73 35th Reunion. Check out our website and see the names of so many classmates who will be there and will be sending all our best your way! www.staples1973.com Go get 'em Kerry! Susan Mraz Mungavin

kkattale@gmail.com said...

OK, I have to leave a message to myself now and see that it is still working. Maybe I have adapted a persona outside of myself...I watched Oprah interviewing breast cancer patients and reminisced. I have great news; Erica tested for the genetic mutation and she is negative! She can proceed normally. Whatever that is.