Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yoga Sunday

9;30-Hydrate, dress, get ready early because class fills up quickly. I run around the house collecting towel, drink, yoga mat-which have all chaotically migrated to all ends of the house-it's been a long time since I have done this for myself.
Our instructor starts the class out with child's pose, and a low monotone voice, gently taking us inward, focusing on our breathing. It is a good class for me. Lots of continuous movements, but plenty of time to meditate and stretch also.

I took Mo to the farmer's market after class. We both laughed as I said Erica and I had quite a view from our upward dog directly into the open crotch of exposed pantyless erotica. I commented on the instructor's views as he walked the class and touched sweaty bodies, moving them into more strenuous poses. Mo said "you know there isn't one person who doesn't have a crush on the instructor". I started to negate the comment. Don't we all need to be encouraged at the this state by an attentive touch and soothing words? "Does that feel OK-how is that for you now?.... Oh yeah! Yoga Bliss...

2 comments:

Julia Canas said...

Don't know how I ever made it to your blog but so glad I did! LOVED the pic of you and Hank and only wish I could have been there to join you for TEAM SUSSEX!! Remind me next year...

Have a wonderful rest of the summer - eat lots of blueberries and go yoga, go!!! More photos!

Love to the family and more love and hugs to you dear friend! Cheers!! Julia

Jo (Nelson) Rayl said...

Kerry,

You may not remember me, but I was your son's second grade teacher! Ironically, I am home with a cold today and was listening (and dozing) to KUOW this morning. I woke up at the very end of your story about your cancer when you spoke of the upcoming birth of your grandchild. When I heard your daughter's name, I thought, "That must be Sean's mom." So I went to the KUOW website and found your blog. I have to tell you how many times I have spoken about your son to my own children and just about all of the students I have had over the years. Sean was so determined to improve his ability to complete those dreaded weekly math timings, and sure enough by the end of the year, he had gone from the bottom of the group up to the top. Years later when I started to see his picture in the sports section with his swimming success, I would say to my kids, "You know, I am not surprised by this at all. This kid has amazing drive." Listening to you today on the radio showed me where he gets that drive -- his mom! You speak very eloquently about what you are going through, and you clearly have a drive to make the most of every day. It's hard to believe your kids are having kids of their own now because it just doesn't seem that long ago that Sean was in my class. Please say hello for me. My best to you all.
Jo (Nelson) Rayl