Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Disabilities or Challenges? April 27

It has been brought to my attention that I haven't kept up with the blog, so I thought I would tell you what has transpired. I have had a few physical setbacks, stemming from the fact that I was dizzy and seeing double so immediately we were back at Swedish Hospital in the radiology department for a lumbar punch (spinal tap). That is where they sample the fluid out of the spinal cord-3rd vertebrae, and then run a test to see if there is cancer running up to the brain they radiated the last month.
So after patiently waiting 4 or 5 days, I called the Dr office to get the results. The Dr came on the phone (best man in the world) and said "how is the double vision"
and I answered that it had really gone away. So he must have been just as ecstatic as I was and said I didn't need to have any more chemo for this week. So now I get a week off, and am that much closer to being cancer free.
Meanwhile I have had fun with long time friends, Susan and Maggie, from 7th grade from Japan. Have been swimming at the Bellevue Club and tying to regain my strength (not to hard with 4 personal trainers, Sean next door, and Dan downstairs, Mylo, my service dog who has to go out daily, and Earl who pushed Emily last year in the Marsha Rivkin Summer Run). It is coming up soon so start training now and I will let you know about all the details and after party.

No comments: