Friday, April 25, 2008

Horsing around

Today I played hooky and took Charley up on his long standing offer to have me over and ride. What a joy! It took me back to early childhood days in Oklahoma when 4 of us siblings took riding lessons, and then to a time when I spent the summer in Texas with Debbie and we rode her retired barrel racer horse. Charlie was extremely patient with me and cautiously but with brave confidence, gave over the reins to his beautiful show horse, Gina. He is an accomplished horseman and along with his wife, Cathy, they showed me a side of themselves that brings out their passion. I will remember it for a long time, and feel it every time I sit down for the next week. We all have things that we work hard for so that we can enjoy the home time. It was fun to see a different side of the lender that I now connect with on a different level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kerry,

I am honored you put your ride on Gina on your blog. It was wonderful to see you so absorbed in having a good time while figuring out how to ride a horse that was strange to you.

You were just terrific and your athletic ability put you back in the drivers seat very quickly. You roder her beautifully.

What a treat for us to share Gina with you. You are always welcome and we will do it again!

Best wishes to Kerry from Charley and Cathy and yes, Gina too!