Monday, April 28, 2008

Dahli Mamma

Last month when the Dahli Lama was in town I was privledged to see him at Quest Field-that one day when the sun drenched us followed by a snow blizzard the following day. "Seeds of Passion" was the title for the event, and a colorful array of flags and costumed patriots from all over the world graced the field with festive displays. Included in the pagentry were 2 chiefs from the Lummi tribe and one other tribe and it was enlightening to think of the history of our own dear Washington state and to think of the changes here in the past century. Global warming and responsiblilty to the earth were topics that both the Indian chiefs and the Dahli Lama addressed with passionate appeals to be more aware and responsible citizens. I thought about my own efforts to recyle and how I had slacked off and become lazy in my efforts to care about renewable resources. What are you doing these days to save the earth?? I have since started checking the recycle labels and washing the tin cans out and crushing the cans to take down to the aluminum recycle again. I started talking to friends about relationships and how to implement seeds of passion towards others and Erica suggested I might be coming on too strong on the spiritual side thus nick naming me the Dahli Lama. The kids have a ball dubbing me with names derived from various connections. I won't object to this one, but let me try to live up to it. The Dahli Lama suggested that women would be good leaders for the world since their nature was more nurturing and less voilent in settling issues-a thought for all of us when we go about electing new leaders and dealing with our own daily lives. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My experience in 30 years in the medical field has taught me that he is right on point. Women are better listeners, open to alternative methods of healing, not afraid to use human touch as a powerful tol, even if it is as simple as a hug. Men tend to be more clinical, uptight, very little ability to see the lighter side of life. All business. In my opinion, female physicians are more intuative and confident, passionate care givers who care without being judgemental. All of my physicians are women, and a better choice I couldn't have made..

Hang in there Dahli Mamma, I'm praying for your peace, and love and total recovery.

Hugs,

Jeff