Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wedding bliss



I have a bazillion pictures of the wedding and haven't had time to figure out best way to share them and tell about the fabulous event. We are already planning our family trip to go to Australia and visit our extended family! It is great reflecting on the tourist things that we did because that is what this great Northwest is all about, and the weather did cooperate fully for their entire visit. The pictures came out beautifully because it was a bit overcast and that meant that we could dance the night away and not get too sweaty. Many afternoons were spent just watching the guys out there on the wake boards having a blast. The music was such a gift! We had 5 different musicians play-Val and Chad played violin and guitar as the bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down the gravel pathway toward the waterfront. Lionel, Dan's brother, played the didgeridoo (an native Australian instrument) at the beginning of the ceremony, and Ari and Tom played guitars and their own awesome music as the bridal party arrived at the reception at the Backes' house. We released 5 white birds (my brother-in-law raises homing pigeons) as symbols of peace, love and free spirits and we all celebrated the homecoming of our empty nests. The event was international and the world became smaller...

My sister and I went in for our mammograms last week and we are awaiting results. Wouldn't you think they could just send us home with a pass card this time? I have to return to my Dr. for Avastin every 3 weeks for a spell (a year?), and I haven't had to do that alone without chemo yet, so I don't know what that will entail, but I am optimistic that I will be free of further treatments for longer this time around! I am regaining energy rapidly and starting to grow tiny hairs again on my head. New beginnings...

No comments: