Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pink

Dan and Erica have chosen pink and brown as their colors for their wedding. One would expect pink as the choice of the bride, but really, Dan is in love with the color and of course we joked with him about being in touch with his feminine side when he initially expressed his preference for a girly color. Now I am realizing that is one of the reasons Erica (and all the girls for that matter) are drawn to Dan's energy field. He has a very nurturing, caring side to him that is represented by the soft hue of the color pink, and he is man enough to be proud of his individual choices no matter what others think. I have noticed that in Australia, many of the men have what we Americans would call girl names. I wonder if, in fact, they are really more in touch with their feminine side.

Yesterday, imagine this, 8 Aussie men were in Macy's trying on pink shirts for their wedding attire. I wasn't privy to be there, but I can just imagine the commotion they stirred up-hunky, muscle bound young bucks with shirts off shouting to each other with that melt your heart, Aussie accent, over the isles of gawking shoppers, bare chested. I do hope someone had a camera to document the event. I guess they were ready to disband and separate the herd before the shopping was done, but under the direction of mother of the groom, were able to complete the task of buying matching shirts for a check off the to-do list.

I am picking up one event a day rather than try to fit everything in like I am used to doing, so I made the picnic provided by the Eng family which was to be at the Beach Club. Thank you Eng family! Sean, who arrived in town with Dan and his bachelor friends day before yesterday, and I went to claim tables and soon discovered no parking as there was a swim meet in process. We made a few phone calls and relocated to the Casita. Soon we were chowing down hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, cole slaw, veggie plate, and deserts with no clean up because they were all on disposable plates. Thanks God for Costco and good friends! The good ole American way. Brendan, Dan's brother, made his impression by giving the women foot massages (I had bought a mask product for myself and decided to share it with the girls) and we found hidden talent! Lionel, Dan's other brother, serenaded us with the digery doo. It was the end of a perfect nite and the world became closer and smaller.

No comments: