Thursday, January 28, 2010

The power of love

Becky called me to tell me about her feral kittens (5 of them out of 20 that they captured) that she rescued from a homeless camp teaming with generations of felines, none of them spade or neutered. They were wild and scared, and not being immunized, a scene that needed to be cleaned up. She has had them for nearly 2 months and slowly they have warmed up to her attentions and started to purr. Being the foster family, it was now time to look for adoption and she returned them, changed animals, to an adoption center where 3 have now been adopted.

I think about Mylo,my grandpuppy, who goes crazy over a little attention that she is now lacking since Steve is at my bedside, and Erica and Dan are preoccupied with Baby Dyllan, and then I feel the tremendous love that pours in for me with each person who comes to pay me a visit.

We humans need the physical presence and touch of other human beings to be comforted and well. God has taught us to love one another, but our trust in others is often guarded and for good reasons! I have been witness to the effects of unconditional love in the growth of premie Dyllan. Daily she progresses more perfectly than the day before and one can see her melt into a comfort place as she finally, after 3 days, can have contact, skin to skin, with her Mom and Dad. I have no doubts that she will thrive each day-the power of love.

If I can set my fears aside and believe that God (love) is always with me, I can also believe that I am healed. I am empowered by a kiss on the forehead, a massage, a hand held in prayer, and a stedying hand to the bathroom. It makes me want to give back in kind. Like the feral kittens, we can be amazed at the peaceful results of simple loving touches. May God open our eyes to the power of his love for all of us and the world will be a better place. Thank you all for your prayers and healing touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kerry,
You are a wonderful writer. Thank you for your blogspot; it was very inspirational to me.
You have gone through the valley, beside the still waters and to the mountain tops in the past two weeks. I am so proud of you. You are strengthened by your love and your faith.
Congratulation on baby Dyllan Grace and all the love she brings into your lives. Please greet Erica and Dan for us.
God is by your side.
Love, Barbara Hoffman