Friday, September 21, 2007

POP, JOY

Last nite I attended a card making party at Jo's house and 5 of us gathered to make cards and commune (and review the Power of positive thinking). We talked acronyms-thus the title POP and JOY. Laurie said POP was "power of prayer"-her relative had survived over a year after an unsuccessful bone marrow transplant and attributed it to living each day with positive energies and prayer. Jo said that she had been visiting at the retirement home when a gentleman there had asked her the meaning of JOY. After attempting to define it in her own way, he said "Jesus, Others, and then Yourself" That is how you attain joy. It really doesn't take long to realize that counting my blessings far outways cursing the surroundings and any ailments and makes for a beautiful day each day I count my blessings first.
That being said, I have had some wonderful events to write about in the past few weeks since the last blog, and some great ones on the horizon. I will have to post a seperate blog on the trip to Monterey to watch Sharon race in the Pacific Crest Triathalon. It was a wonderful weekend and merits a seperate accounting when I get my journal out to post.
I slid back in from that weekend -slipping in a visit with my dear friend Debbie Regis and her parents in Carmel -reminiscing on Jr High school days in Japan, to my 6th chemo treatment. I was sent home like an expectant mother, to get my blood count right so that I could continue my treatments (the 6th momentus chemo treatment being the minimum I would have to have-and me thinking-positively of course-that it is the LAST) on Sunday. Two days later, 2 shots later, and a lot of anticipation, I partied with 6 friends while I got my treatment. It threw my calendar off since I start scheduling in appointments after 4 days so that I can recouperate. Wed and Thurs were full days of class, so I couldn't get sick and tired. True to my mindset, I attended class and really didn't miss a beat this time around. I am excited that I can believe what I consistantly tell myself-that I am well! My CT scan is now scheduled for Oct 9th to confirm my hopes-that the tumors are gone. The Doctor has scheduled another chemo treatment I am sure to be cancelling.
In the midst of these appointments, Erica's future in-laws are arriving from Australia and I am excited to feel up for entertaining and showing them this wonderful place their son is now calling home. Peace be with you all. Your support is unending and very uplifting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerry,

Just thinking 'bout you...you sound wonderful. Keep up the stellar work.

:)

Jeff