Thursday, June 26, 2008

summer solstice

So much is happening and I have to remind myself to be ever "present". I missed Midsummer nite's dream with Rita and Larry but lingered with the invitation.

Valerie, (whose daughter and longtime friend of Erica's, Tanya is getting married this weekend), Julia (who battled cancer and is moving to Sherman, TX you Regis Clan-help me get them connected, or let me know if you wanna go back), Erica & Dan, Marilyn and Chad, and a slew of other Mercer Islander went to see sold out concert of Barcelona at the Tripple Door last week. It was one of those beautiful evenings where everything just fell into place and the concert was fabulous. Barcelona is a group that debuted one NW season with Chad at our own MI Presbyterian church. They have gone on (without our dear Chad) to national recognition and sing some very powerful music. I thought of so many youth with aspirations of achieving success and marveled at the inspiration it must be to gain recognition, even fame, for their music. Music is a very powerful venue. Artist and other aspiring youth have faith and do what you love, love what you do. The group was inspirational. So nice to see it come across with loving messages too. Julia said her tearful goodbyes to Val and I and left for Texas.

My blood pressure is up again. I am reminded of the trip I took to Australia when my highlight was diving in the infamous Barrier reef). I was not officially prepared, but didn't realize it would be so important because of new liability issues, and didn't bring my dive card current. No worries-I would just be diving with Erica, a beginner. We got on the boat -it was raining of all things so visibility would be bad-but that wasn't gonna get me down-I was goin diving with my daughter! We filled out our cards for the dive with check boxes for every ailment one might have, and I check asthma. They would not let me dive. I was so totally focused on the one event I couldn't feel anything but a gush of tears and totally let down. What was the meaning of the lesson? you might ask-find out what truths you need to tell and be prepared for what you get if you don't know and trust the person who is making the decisions. It has been a good lesson to this day and I have learned to be find out more about the person in charge before going into my own needs and wishes.

Ok, I am going to sleep. Don't miss that I blogged 2x today. Too much time and not enough sleeping ability. Erica, would you post a picture on my blog (oh, I'm a hard to work for boss).

No comments: