Friday, April 24, 2009

Preparing for Round Three

I had a PT scan last Tuesday and the technician told me that she would have the results to Dr Kaplan the next morning. She, of course, couldn't tell me anything about the results, so wait I did. Next morning I got an offer on the duplex we have listed for sale, and I was frazzled because I didn't have the keys for the unit I wanted to show and I was 5 minutes late. The meeting was intimidating as I was hit with a low offer, but I had to realize, that is the market, and at least it was an offer. I raced from class to my cancer network monthly lunch and made it in time to eat the end of Ellie's salad. Perfect for my new-get back on track-diet. Bill and Elaine (sister and brother in law) were arriving for our first Mariners baseball game, and the weather had changed from sunny to sprinkles (20 degree temp drop). I returned from a losing game to a missed phone call from my doctor-he would call back tomorrow.
Next morning I skipped swimming to relax and enjoy breakfast with our company before they left only to be interruupted from my sudoku game to my blackberry alarm telling me I had a 3 clock hour legal update class in an hour in Bellevue. I grabbed a banana and kissed everyone goodbye racing out the door. The class was great, my offer got better, and I finished my sudoku successfully and waited for the Doctor call until 11:30 and falling asleep, joined Mylo (our grandpuppy) and Steve, in bed.
This morning the sun was out, not only did I get a signed deal on the duplex, making my financial picture brighter, but Bonnie and I have another deal in the works that appears to be going to close, yet the word of the scan still weighed heavy on my mind. Two walks with Mylo later, and back to the office for more paperwork, and then home again. The family gathered and milled around for dinner and the call came in. Results: there are new tumors on the liver and lymph nodes on my neck, so I will be back to chemo treatments next week. I am visualizing the hammer coming down on the little buggers harder this time, and I will be back even stronger. Stay tuned.

No comments: