Monday, April 5, 2010

Dad and Doctors

My Dad is my Father in Law, George Sussex. My own father passed away from a sudden heart attack while sailing his beautiful dream sailboat, the Minx, with my brother, Todd back in 1994-a day I will never forget. He has been a rock for me and loving family head of household since I married his son August 27th, 1977 at the University chapel by campus and headed to a reception way out at his old friend Louie's parent's house in Burien. Boy were things different then. I made my own dress because I could (I could have fit into my Mother in Laws' dress but it had a huge train and I was going much less formal) Hind sight we had lots of fun with the dress at the parent's 50th wedding anniversary, so it more than served it's purpose.
Anyhow, I have been lucky enough to have 2 families now for over 30 years-who is so lucky? No wonder I am doing so well.
George recently had knee replacement surgery, and it is not uncommon here-my cousin, Domino, who was just here from Chicago, is looking into it and he is much younger, so consider yourself lucky to have had a success full replacement already-let's just get this under pain control! Any suggestions out there. We talked about how important it is to have a Doctor that you trust with your treatments. Doesn't matter what ordeal you are going through, you just want to know you are getting better, not worse. So please focus of helping us through the next energy flow to George's healing of his knee replacement. Thanks all.

No comments: