Friday, May 25, 2007

Blazing new trails

Thursday, May 24, 2007
Blazing new trails

First off, thanks for supporting me with this unexpected new turn of events. I fully expect that I will come out stonger, smarter, and richer in my life than I ever 1st expected, and I am charged up to tackle whatever that means for me that is ahead.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am embarking on an unexpected new journey of which my friends and family (that means you if you are reading this) are an intrigal part. I have been dealt a new hand and have much to learn as step one unfolds. I am learning rapidy the process of diagnosing and treating ovarian cancer. There are a multitude of sources including top doctors who actually live here on Mercer Island and shop at my local QFC, the internet, many many friends and their experiences, but what I realize most is that this is my own experience, not anyone elses, and that I must make some hurried, but educated decisions. So...thank you all for your imput (ie post your comments on my blog)-new learning experience.Thanks Eileen Sterling for your internet research on Doctors and the latest treatments. It really helped with my visit today with my oncologist (I had staples removed today and a CT scan) so I went in much more informed. I discovered that my blood had already been tested (CA125) and that the proposed treatment was advanced and proactive. Wow! I already have the very best team in the world, and they are optomistic. MOre to come...

I've begun a new journey that you all have become a part of. First off, thanks for supporting me with this unexpected new turn of events. I fully expect that I will come out stonger, smarter, and richer in my life than I ever 1st expected, and I am charged up to tackle whatever that means for me that is ahead.

No comments: