Thursday, May 31, 2007

Girl's Night Out


There is nothing like having a close circle of girlfriends. "Pick a little talk a little pick a little talk a little, cheep cheep cheep talk a lot pick a little more" Guys can't stand it. So as often as is pysically possible, we girls escape to gather and gossip. Last nite we retreated to the Casita on the waterfront. Easy access, but miles from anywhere. We all have sons who grew up together, so catching up is always first on the agenda. This year a few of our sons graduated from college, so on that note I have to say I was at Sean's graduation from USC just a few days before my surgery. New beginnings...that is what life is all about. Divorce, moving, death, travel, health, birthdays and other milestones, all of these transitions have been bolstered by this dynamic group of women. But it isn't just gossip, it is the nurturing spirit of the mothers that we all are, that holds us together. Noi made the meal. She is fabulous cook and has endowed us with her Thai culinary skills for celebrations in the past. It wasn't dissappointing. Jodi brought first bloom from the rose bush commemorating the death of her son Joey, a symbol of life after death. Lynn brought a silver bracelett with words(soul...spirit...faith...harmony...hope....balance...peace...love...dream...trust...inspire)to live by. Karrey brought me a book "There is no place like hope" on living with cancer. We waited on each other and enjoyed the beauty of Mt Rainier in the background, sparkling water, and blue sky. Till we meet again ladies, your presence is my present. I love you all.

1 comment:

Debbie Brown said...

Kerry, I think that we were both up at the same time last night although part of my problem may have been the numberous number of Jodie's macaroons that I consumed. And I was also thinking of you. After you left last night we all stuck around and got mad and sad about what you are going through. And most importantly, how to best show you our love during this tough stretch of time. Hopefully we can anticipate what that is but know that you just need to ring the bell and we will be there. I will be thinking about you on Friday as well as on all of the days ahead. And I know that Dr. Kaplan will recommend many future girls nights out as a critical part of your recovery! Love ya.....