Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gilda's Club fashion show

Friday was the Gilda's Club fashion show where Erica, my wonderful support person/daughter strutted down the catwalk with me. I felt like Cinderella at the ball in a beautiful silk lime green dress with A line skirt and 3/4 length cuffed sleeves and double stand up collar. Erica wore a darling ruffled short skirted spaghetti strap dress with matching hot pink floral purse. We rocked! The lights were so bright I could hardly make out the people sitting at tables that flanked the runway. There were 3 designated tables just for me! I did feel supported. Thanks to all you who were there to support me and to support Gilda's club who takes in cancer patients and their support teams free of charge to counsel, educate, and embrace them in their journey thru cancer. It was a great show and fun to participate in and meet other survivors who modeled-nearly 30 of us. Steve took some pictures at the end of the runway where I threw my wig to the crowd and walked bald headed back to the end. A freeing experience.
We left directly after for the hospital, forgetting to take my steroid pills, for my next overnite chemo treatment. As I undressed and got plugged into my port and started the drip for the treatment and climbed into my pjs, I really did feel like a surreal experience and Cinderella returning from the ball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to express the memorable experience of modeling for Gilda"s. Go girl, you are beautiful.

Sally Brotman

Anonymous said...

I am so amazingly proud of you. Not said lightly, you really are my inspiration and my hero. I am so blessed to know you!!!! Now SEND PICTURES!!!!!

xooxox

Jeff