Wednesday, May 14, 2008

out of the fog

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone" or so it is seeming. Funny how the last chemo treatment leaves me with a twang over whether I have learned the lesson this time and/or whether I can continue to think in the present moment. I am addressing things as they come up now with full focus and trying not to shove emotions, thoughts, and of course the most brilliant (albeit crazy sometimes) goals under the carpet. What does that mean? Daring to be vulnerable and just me...
I have discovered that after treatment (and this should be a life lesson for anyone after hardship) one needs recovery time. Time itself is healing if taken with the right attitude (that one can be challenging also). Someone once told me after my mother died that time was the only thing that could heal the wounded heart. After I looked at it that way, I was easier on myself, and more patient. I could visualize a scar after a wound that was bleeding.
It is getting late now. I am off to sleep.
But first a few things I am working on this week if anyone out there wants to help.
Find a mother-of-the-bride dress.
Sell a house, or buy a house (I think I have done my share now)
Help Erica with her "free theme" to furnish her house
Date ideas for Steve and I-we like to go out on Wed nites so we can catch up with ea other.
Plant my flowers and start and herb garden
Rent my duplex (2 bedroom, 1 bath-Mercer Island, N end)
Get in my daily exercise
Walk Mylo (our grandpuppy)-or run and combine exercise with mylo....
Think that is it for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might be able to help with the mother of the bride dress. LOL

Keep the faith,

Love ya,

Jeff