Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Chemo 4

Last Friday was my latest chemo and I slid in from a beautiful and restful Hawaii vacation to get back to reality. This treatment hit Seafair weekend also-party time on the water here at Lake Washington. I can't remember a time when I wasn't in on the party planning for Seafair in some way, but this time I chose to lay low and just enjoy the sunny day at the Casita dock going out only shortly on the neighbor's Donzi to catch up and watch the Blue Angels fly. My energy level just isn't what is used to be or perhaps the timing was just off.
The doctor called with good news once again. The CA125 blood test is back down to 15 (20 and below is normal-and has come down from 400 something when I was first diagnosed). This means that the chemo is working. There are 2 spots left that can be seen on the CT scan that I had done just before departing for Hawaii. I can take a weak day or 2 for such good news. My sister reported that she has tested positive for the genetic testing and we are going in together to discuss what that means for us and for our offspring this Thursday. We will have to be even more dilligent in the future. Thank you all for all of your support-the search for the cure is even more important now than ever-for our future generation...

1 comment:

kristen said...

Aloha Kerry! I will be in Montana til Monday- but next week- I'd love to get together again!!! xxxKristen