Tuesday, August 7, 2007

July 26th-Hawaii

I awoke before sunrise with many thoughts going through my head but since the compter isn't set up yet I only got up to pee. I went back to bed but don't think I slept. It is so peaceful here I shouldn't have any trouble napping (unless I get a sunburn-so I'm taking extra precautions and I think God is helping out there too-the forecast keeps saying showers-perhaps if I don't get sunburned, I'll get just the right amount of vitamin D before God turns on the rain).
Sunrise was shortly after 6 am and there are many things I can sign up for and do here at the resort starting with a beautiful 25 meter swimming pool we spied (1 of 6 pools) with lane lines, pull buoys, kick boards, hand paddles and fins-everything Bellevue Club would have offered less the coach (wanna come back here coach Karen?)
Dreaming about this place lead my thoughts to wedding and love then money and how much I was spending even though much had been gifted to me just to make this stay affordable. It occured to me that what really seems to matter most in life is love and money! And then, if you have to pick one-LOVE-(they are not equivalent children).
There are books and books on each subject and I have read many and learned a lot regarding each. Author Suzie Orman even has books on tape and Robert Kiosaki, author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad invented a game, which I still itend to buy because I'm not done learning till I die!
Sean, several years ago, as he was educating himself on scholarship and trust monies inherited from his deceased grandparents, asked the provocative question "How do you learn about these things?" referring to money management and investments-our topic of discussion. Somewhat surprised by his question-because he had the courses available to him right there at USC, and on the "google" internet where one can learn about any subject matter by typing in the subject and seeing where it takes you, I attemped an answer. "First, you establish a role model, be it a teacher, author, investor, lawyer, parent (I could see where a college student focused on 1 subject might not know where to start-and as a parent who considers themself successful I was flattered to be asked the question) and then you ask them questions and emulate them, pratice their answers, listen carefully and apprentice." "Believe in yourself, trust that God will provide, and find your passion." That's a big order!

This AM as I awoke I concentrated on Love. Sex actually, as it has been months since I've been physically able to have sex, and grew excited about the possibility of having sex again (last time was too soon after surgery and I cried to think about what could have happened to my sex life if surgery had gone differently and I had been butchered in the process of removing the cancerous cyst in my vaginal wall). Thank God for caring, skillful surgeons, clean hospital facilities, and new treatments and for being in the best possible spot for loving support in the entire world.
I thought about the barter system that was used before we created money. Trading one skill for another-we still do that! and then about trading love-not necessrily sex-that is only one form of love.
If one has enough love then one has enough. Money is traded for loving acts. People want to pay to receive love. Love is enough. Yes, they will pay for sex too-but that is not enough. I wish you enough.

No comments: