Friday, August 24, 2007

Chemo 5

Just to let you all know that I am feeling great! I had a few much welcomed visitors today, Colleen, Erica and Dan, and Karrey, and I don't think I fell asleep on any of them this time. Hopefully I will remember my conversation this time. The Doctor says the blood levels are good, no new tumors to the touch, and I look great and fell great, so all is well.


The doctor visit went really well. I will still have to wait till after chemo 6 and CT scan that follows that next Sept 14 before I will know if I have to continue on course, or if for now I am clean! We are still looking into experimental drugs and checking out new research and learning alot, yet trying to balance all that with work, kids returning to the nest, wedding plans, and aging dog. Sean (boo hoo) drove back to LA yesterday and is there already. We miss him.


I feel GREAT! I am thinking for all you cancer survivors, that we need to set up a cancer support group and I already have help in getting that started at the MI Presbyterian church, so let me know if you know of anyone wanting or needed that venue.


I am leaving Sept 7th to watch my dear friend, Sharon Scott, compete at the Pacific Grove triathalon (wish I were doing it with her) in California. Hoping the weather is better than it has been here.


The family had a great visit to Blaine,WA to see Steve's sisters, Elaine and Eileen and brother- in- law Bill. We took the fishing boat out for a tour of the harbor and Semiahmoo and the harbor seals. Ate crab cakes and Korean beef and pizza and pie till we were full full full, yum. And washed the dog, but that is another story, yuck. It is so fun to do normal things again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You are the strongest, happiest, most blessed person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Prayer works!!!

Hugs, peace & love

Jeff

hj said...

Kerry,

It was great to see you at Stage 2 of the Tour de Mercer ... we were thinking about during each leg. Thank you so much for coming out to be part of it. You're an inspiration.

l,

hj