Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hawaii-July 25th

Ok, I have been escaping from the world and now I am back but will try to catch you all up from my couple of journal entries...

1st day in paradise, a lot of traveling but this one time, booked ourselves (Steve and I that is) in 1st class. I see why they call it business class now, because you would have to pay me in such upgrades to get me to want to work and travel a lot under normal airlines conditions but I'm just pampering myself-the travel I would do in the baggage department with the crated dogs to get to paradise again!

We all got to check in (for those of you who still have never traveled 1st class) in an expediated line and our bags were handled with care. We checked through security like anyone else and Hawaiian air did not have a premier club at Seatac but some airports have gorgeous hang-out clubs offered to 1st class ticket holders (self confessed sneak-in at Tokyo airport).

The menu was fabulous gourmet food with veggie fritta, crab cakes and spinach with free champagne and mai tai on our puddle jumper flight from Honolulu to Kona. We had headphones and a handheld movie box where we could choose from 12 movies if we didn't care for the in-flight movie "Golden Blades" (which I watched). Steve & I watched a surfing movie to prepare for Hawaii-it was thought provoking as it's main theme involved taking the lead character back in time before Hawaii was developed in flashback scenes.Prepared me to rest & relax & enjoy the best of new developments and conveniences, but appreciate and respect the preservation of the beauty and natural wonders that abound here! I'm torn between just relaxing and doing nothing and my more natural, curiousity state of explore, see it all, experience the evolution....The sunset was unbeatable (though it tried again each nite). I was surprised at how quickly it went down. Me too-(went to bed early). We picked up Jamison in Honolulu (Sean's girlfriend) to make us a party of 5.

No comments: