Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Eagle morning

I launched the kayak at 7:15 this morning and paddled north. The wind was pushing me along gently and the clouds were barely covering the sun. I could see blue sky but was headed in the wrong direction when a monsterous eagle appeared from nowhere and circled around my small yellow kayak. He stared at me and drifted by, circumnavigating me then dipped and with talons full forward, scooped up a small fish just feet away then sailed off to distant pilings to pick on his morning catch away from competition. My morning expeditions are meditations and change the outlook for the rest of the day. I held our new listing open for brokers during the lunch hour and greated many friends I had not had opportunity to catch up with lately. A successful and gratifying day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS think of you, pray for you and I absolutely can not believe what I read, and am coming to find out. I am almost without words.

From the day I met you in another lifetime, you were (and in many ways still are) a roll model. I always looked up to you, admired you, were stunned by your brains, your enthusiasm, your energy and your determination. And, of course that captivting smile & laughter! As an aside, I think the bald head looks great, but lets face it, you just wanted a hair-do like mine! LOL

I don't know what to say, I don't know what to do, and to be honest with you, it's tough typing while I am crying.

It's easy, I think to say "keep the faith", or other such things. No doubt you will do well. You are a surviver, you have a wonderful attitute, a great support system and mre people than you can even count that love you withh all their soul. I will pray deeply, powerfuly and with conviction for you. You have always meant so much to me, and if in some small (or large) way I can hep, sign me up for your team and I am yours.

Please feel better, get better, and know prayer is a powerful thing,

My love to you , and your family.

kristen said...

Dear Eagle Woman... you DO have 'eagle medicine'!!! Yes, always soar with those amazing wings and dig in deep with the powerful talons!!! You go girl! I will call you soon!! xxx Owl Woman

Anonymous said...

Kerry Berry: Relief swept through me when I read your updated lab and CAT scan findings. I think "the chemo is working" is the best thing I have read on your blog.

I have been up on Cortes Island at a drumming workshop and I thought of you one morning as I was drumming away on my djembe--I think because drumming raises such powerful juju and energy and you are such a package of energy and positivity.

If you want another [cheaper] [closer] island getaway, I cannot recommend Hollyhock on Cortes enough. If you need me, you know how to find me. I can feel autumn in the air already so each day of summer has become more precious. Savor your days. Love, Misty

kristen said...

Aloha! I have wanted to do a drumming healing on you from the start! Perhaps others would like to join me! I have many, many drums in my collection. It would be a powerful experience and EVERYONE receives a healing gift!!! Don't know if people go back to look at comments after you create new blog entries.... xxx Love, Kristen