Saturday, July 21, 2007

A New Foundation

Each day gets more exciting as we near the start gate for tomorrows run. We banded together and partied at Nick and Sue's new house on the water with the masters swim group in celebration of exciting new goals and a good life! I was expecting no more than a food fest and viewing of a fabulous new house with the best goal setting team I know when Nick and Karen-(best dedicated swimmer on the team and best friend-coach) announced that they were setting up a new foundation in my honor to fund cancer reasearch! Kelly Sterling (our accountant and another talented swimmer friend) is setting up the venue to donate money for cancer research. Give him a couple of weeks. We have all been touched in some way with cancer, and it seems the cure is near, but so far (especially when you are experiencing the disease). So in memory, or in honor of , or on the anniversary of the one you know who is afflicted with this disease, we are setting up this foundation. You can donate whenever you feel touched and all the proceeds will go toward research. This they dedicated to me not upon my death, but in my living days to inspire and support ME and make a difference NOW for everyone. It will go on till I am cured, but I am sure the ripple effect will be grand. What a party. Thank you so much Bellevue Club Masters...you are all awsome.

THE RUN-we are meeting at the MI Presbyterian Church at 6:30-6:45 and will carpool, or I will be meeting Earl at 7:30 at the registration desks at 747 Broadway if you are registering tomorrow so that we can band together. We have surpasseed our goal of $10,000 and are 80 strong in number! WOW, do I have a support team or what! Thank you, thank you, thank you. There will be an after the run party at 5 PM at my neighbor's house, bring an appetizer, drinks provided, at 9019 61st Ave SE. See you all there.

No comments: