Monday, July 30, 2007

Ovarian Cancer Run (afternoon version)

Did you have fun today? It would have been easier to lay in bed this morning at 6AM and listen to the falling rain! The turnout was incredible! I lost count at over 80 and we raised over $11,000.

Today was the culmination of the tidal wave of love I have been surfing since Marilyn Dierickx, team captain for Team Sussex, launched the sign up for this event benefiting ovarian cancer research.

When I signed up, it was with trepidation and just a tiny bit of fear that this wave would be too big for me to tackle, but as it approached, I had no choice but to embrace it and ride it for all it was worth!

As the numbers surged so did the love that I felt and the energy that love brings with it, and I literally could have run the 10K this AM because it carried me!

At the start line I met Sara, a 29 year old 3x survivor (perhaps she is another cat figure with 9 lives - you go girl!), we embraced and were overwhelmed with emotion as our journeys collided. At the end of the race, the survivors assembled to be recognized and photographed and I met Donna - there in her wheelchair with oxygen and tubes coming from her arm, and I realized that many of those assembled would not be with us next year to celebrate the 2nd Annual for Team Sussex and partly because they do not have the prayers, love and support that I do. It is a healing power and I am thankful to you all for each and every day.

So go out there and touch someone new today with that powerful love force and pay it forward. That is God's blessing to all of us, and see you next year at the start line.


I love you all!

No comments: