Monday, March 15, 2010

Tony, my homeless friend

Tony lives on the corner of Rainier Ave and Jackson where I pass him going to and from my radiation appointments. He collects money until he raises $50 so that he can stay in a hotel for the night with his son. The other day I asked how things were going and Tony began to cry saying that his son had his arm amputated and was depressed. I started to collected 1st aid things around the house for his care to drop off this am. What can we do?
My sister was bit by a feral cat that she was rescuing from a homeless camp that had been bulldozed for a commercial development. Her temperature spiked to 101 degrees and she went in for a shot to aleive the fever. Animals calm us and need our help but don't complain the way humans do. I am training my dog to be a service dog since they aim to please their masters unconditionally. Random news...just on my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your sister explained about the cat to her doc. Cats in general are subject to toxoplasmosis, and of course there is the rabies thing...

Labradors are just the best. They are "service" dogs just being with us.

Hope the sun is shining brightly for you today, it's stunning over here on the Olympic Peninsula, the tulips are popping today!