Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The blogging hour

I have a love/hate relationship to the wee hours of the morning...I wish I could sleep, but I am either sleepless due to all of the thoughts racing around in my mind, or due to physical distress because of the cancer, so 1st off I will update you on the recent status of my cancer...
I had my staples removed from my head yesterday where the Dr did a brain biopsy. The results showed a malignant tumor, and the good news is that it is a spread of the ovarian cancer-meaning that it is treatable-not some inoperable, inaccessable brain tumor-so please pray for the results of my upcoming treatment-which will be radiation for the next 3 weeks, 5 days a week. That is step 1. Beyond that, there is talk of more chemotherapy after the radiation. I am always open to hearing other options, but likely will still default to my Dr's opinion since he his still directing my treatment. Don't take it personally (I get a lot of free advise, and appreciate it).
The thoughts that race around in my mind could fill a book, and that is where you all come in...I am slowly writing it...so comment away on the content that fills this blog, as that is my life and your feedback is the source of my strength. I love reading your comments-if you prefer to remain anonymous, just email me instead.

Recently, through my real estate connections, I had the opportunity to talk to an incoming celebrity. I was so excited to welcome their family to the area, that I called the agent I knew would be working with them and offered my help and my waterfront house-since I see it as such a welcoming introduction to the NW. We are competitors so the offer was rejected and I dropped the enthusiam and the energy directed to this family and focused on the move that I had begun with my family to the healing waterfront house we are in presently. In the past, I could easily have seen the money from the sale of a big house as the driving force to pursue this potential client. My prayers were for an answer that would help heal me and I was surprised at the outcome. I have found beauty and healing amd pure joy in settling here with the family and discovered when your energies are directly towards love, that all things are possible.
Todays thoughts run to support of President Obama-why not go to top)?-why stop at a simple celebrity? The powers of love have carried me through troubled waters. Obama gets so much criticism because of the hard decisions he has to make, but if we all directed loving thoughts towards him and his "enemies" (after all he did win the Noble Peace prize for something) how could the outcome be anything BUT peace? Love conquers all.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Kerry,

Thank you so much for keeping us posted - we are so inspired by your positive energy and reflective journal updates. Keep the pictures coming too of ADORABLE baby Dyllan Grace!

Love,
The San Clemente Gang

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog regularly, not sure how I found it originally, but have never left a comment till now. You are such a brave woman Kerry. I feel honored to read your eloquent journaling of this most personal of experiences. You have inspired me in many ways to numerous to even mention but let me just say that your words have touched me very deeply, in the best possible way.

Anonymous said...

Just one more thing...

If you have the time read this, it's from a favorite writer of mine. There is a lot of grace happening with Maria.

http://open.salon.com/blog/greg_correll/2010/02/12/i_heart_maria

Kat Tale said...

Wandering blonde, thank you for your nice words also. I am constantly amazed that people I don't know find me and are inspired by me, and you must know that I am just the vehicle to "play it forward", so play it forward wandering blonde.

Awanderingblonde said...

Me again. It occurs to me that your gift for sharing might be well served with a greater readership. Check out Open Salon. It is a wonderful community of authors and thinkers, readers and artists.

You can easily import all the posts from your blogger blog. The best part about OS is the people and the rich feedback one gets from one's writing.

www.opensalon.com

Oh,I think I forgot to tell you, it's free.