Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Winter Olympics

I love the Olympics! The ceremonies, the songs, the dancing and celebration has always inspired many to achieve more and dream big. It is the world celebrating life and love in unison. The atmosphere is contagious. You cannot watch it without getting attached to the celebration of life and even with fatal accidents, it represents living life to the fullest. Who doesn't want to get caught up in that excitement? We are the World is the theme song and I cannot wait to welcome Dyllan home with that song. We live in a wonderful world.
Last night Kathy made dinner at the house for Cardens and Thorsvigs and us, while I caught up on funny things that seemed highly important to me right now like my "Magic cookie" recipe-(stay tuned, that entry is still in draft form), and getting things ready for Dyllan to come home. Becky came down to distribute money from the last remaining partnership investment finally closing (the end of a chapter), and to visit her feral cat that is being adapted out who resides at Petsmart today, She tried to get a purr out of the cat who squirmed in her arms and moved on when she was unsuccessful to hold Dyllan and run home. A day full of touch and go contacts that touch my life in many ways and warm my heart. Erica asked me what I had accomplished today, and I just wanted to say I participated in life. When I faded on the couch in the early part of the evening I was happy to fall asleep with the inspiration of the opening ceremonies and grateful for all those who shared my day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kerry:

As I was watching the opening ceremony last nite I could not stop thinking of you!

You have changed my life in so many ways and caused me to sit back and count mu blessings and you are certainly one of them.

As soon as you are ready, call me and we will plan our next date.

Kat Tale said...

Life is great when you suddenly realize all the good that surrounds you each and every day. Blessings to you Jill. The world is yours. You are challenging your fears!