Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dr Love


Dr Love, (Dr Mehta, my radiologist)
I remind myself that love is the answer, so for me right now going through radiation, this is the answer. It is happy place, everyone knows my name and smiles at me in a welcoming manner when I arrive. They get me warm blankets and explain everything I have questions about. Patients talk to each other and encourage one another.

I am once again up early and as I rose, Steve said "you are something". What does that mean? He gets upset when I leave the room because he thinks I need to sleep. He is doing the best he can and trying to help me get better. Do I do the same for him when he is coughing or snoring in the middle of the night? Selfishly I want kick him and yank on his pillow to get him to roll over and stop snoring! My friends have gotten seperate rooms now and it is becoming popular to see new houses being built with 2 master suites. Why do we gravitate away from each other when we grow older?What if I want to read in the middle of the night? or blog? Who is the one that is supposed to get up and tip toe quietly so as not to wake the other? The one snoring, or the one who is sleeping without disturbance?

I think back to Dyllan and pure love. What would I do if the person next to me were Dyllan? If Dyllan were coughing, I would want to curl up next to her and comfort her even though she was annoying (if she is screaming out of control I might not feel like it-then it might be time to delegate the comfort task to someone else since I would be void of loving actions). We have choices. Take the loving action.

No comments: