Thursday, February 11, 2010

Magic Cookies

I mentioned to friend Val, who has Celiac disease, that I wanted to make some gluten free cookies for some growing number of people I know who also gluten intolerant. There need to be more healthy food choices for us to grab and go. We scheduled a date to cook in her kitchen and stockpile good food for my upcoming treatments. We had a fabulous afternoon catching up on old times and making good food, but the cookies launched a magic in the connections that took place the following day, most importantly to thank the Doctors who were taking care of me and baby Dyllan (takes me back to teacher appreciation days at school-always good results when you thank the people who make a difference in your life). What those magic cookies did was to connect me to another human being, not just a doctor, but someone who also has a beautiful life, full of children and grandchildren, travel fun, remodeling expertise, photography skills, Yankee fan club, and much more that take me away from my cancer focus so that when I see him professionally, it can be other than hard knocks news.

Here is the recipe. I am planning to start marketing them in the stores (could use your help) and will donate the profits to The Henry Kaplan Research Fund, which you can access via the Swedish Foundation if you want to make a monetary difference to cancer research and a very hard worker. He is the best!
(Nusskuchen)
Magic cookies

1 1/2 C sugar
4 eggs
1 lb. grated nuts (you can buy at Trader Joe in a 1 lb. bag at Trader Joes)

LOVE
Place on parchment or greased cookie sheet and bake 350 degrees, 15 -20 min.

Beat eggs and sugar for 10 minutes. Add nuts.

No comments: